Still popular after all this long time, V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. The definiton of a classic work. It is Number One on our top ten of the most popular graphic novels today on Amazon UK.
- V For Vendetta | Alan Moore and David Lloyd (DC Comics)
- The Complete Maus | art spiegelman (Penguin)
- Seconds | Bryan Lee O’Malley (Selfmadehero)
- The Secret Service: Kingsman | Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons
- Neurocomic | Matteo Farinella (NoBrow Press)
- From Hell | Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell (Knockabout Comics)
- Nemo: Roses of Berlin | Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill (Knockabout Comics)
- The Incal | Alejandro Jodorowsky and Moebius (Selfmadehero)
- Persepolis | Marjane Satrapi (Jonathan Cape)
- Andre the Giant | Box Brown (First Second)
Seconds by Bryan Lee OMalley is not out until August 2014, so preorders must be strong for this item.
The writer’s name or names are shown first and then the comics illustrator’s name is shown second. The publisher’s name is in brackets. The search was done on 2 June 2014 at 15:00hrs.
The search is filtered by popularity by sales, for the words “Graphic Novels”.
It is not taken from the Bestsellers listing for Comics & Graphic Novels.
Not only does a search for “graphic novels” generate a lisiting of every sort of comic book, but also includes illustrated childrens’ books, and sometimes porn, (back in evidence), and tie-in box-sets.
The Top 10 includes original graphic novels, or original graphic short-story anthologies. The story must complete in one volume.
It accurately shows the sales position in the listing at the time of the search.
The Top 10 does not include adaptations, film tie-ins, spin offs or part works or the superhero genre.
Do you think we have let something off the list that should be included?
Is something on the list that is not an original graphic novel or anthology?